It is hardly unlikely that a lot of girls would go gaga over Vin Diesel as Vin Diesel facts and Vin Diesel’s history show that this promising Hollywood actor, director and film producer has continued to surprise and inspire people with his success in the chosen career.
Mark Sinclair Vincent, publicly known by his screen name Vin Diesel, was born on July 18, 1967 in New York City, United States. It appears from versions of true stories about Vin Diesel that the name “Vin” was plainly short for “Vincent” and “Diesel” was the appellation given to him by his friends, referring to his interminable vigor.
Diesel has both an Italian and black ancestry. He was born to Delora, a psychiatrist and astrologer and an unnamed father. Along with the mother, he was raised by his African-American stepfather Irving, who is both an acting instructor and theater manager. One of the barely disclosed Vin Diesel facts is that he has a twin brother named Paul Vincent, a film editor, whose pictures are hard to find unlike Vin Diesel pictures. However, it is said that the twin looks nothing like him. He also has a younger brother named Tim and sister named Samantha.
Diesel made his stage debut at a local play when he was seven years old. As an adult, he studied creative writing that led him into the path of screenwriting. In the early 1990’s, Diesel then entered into film-making wherein his film “Multi-Facial” was chosen for screening at the 1995 Cannes Festival. Diesel did not fail as an actor himself. In fact, he became rather famous when he appeared in successive hit Vin Diesel movies: Awakenings (1990), Multi-Facial (1994), Strays (1997), Saving Private Ryan (1998), The Iron Giant (1999), Boiler Room and Pitch Black (2000), The Fast and the Furious (2001), Knockaround Guys and xXx (2002), A Man Apart (2003), The Chronicles of Riddick and The Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Fury (2004), The Pacifier (2005), Find Me Guilty and The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift (2006), Babylon A.D. (2008), Fast & Furious (2009), and the still being filmed Fast Five and xXx: The Return of Xander Cage (2011). Diesel’s career did not end there. In due course, he likewise produced films and later organized his own production companies named One Race Films, Racetrack Records and Tigon Studios.
Aside from having a twin brother, the following Vin Diesel facts have piqued the interest of many people:
- First Vin Diesel facts – He has played “Dungeons & Dragons” for twenty years since he was 12. He even wrote the foreword in “30 Years of Adventure: A Celebration of Dungeons & Dragons”. He reportedly had a fake tattoo of his “Dungeons & Dragons” character on his stomach while filming “xXx”.
- Second Vin Diesel facts – He began lifting weights and got his deep sexy voice at the age of 15.
- Third Vin Diesel facts – He has worked for at least nine years, since he was 17, as a bouncer in a New York nightclub named Tunnel, where he initially used his screen name.
- Fourth Vin Diesel facts – He is one of the best “liked” celebrities on Facebook and has had more than 19.6 million “followers”.
- Fifth Vin Diesel facts – He dated Michelle Rodriguez sometime in 2001.
- Sixth Vin Diesel facts – He has a daughter named Hania Riley born on April 2, 2008 to model girlfriend Paloma Jimenez.
- Seventh Vin Diesel facts – He lives in Los Angeles, California.
- Eight Vin Diesel facts – He is 6”2 tall.